Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Organizing for America: the ultimate case of style over substance


On April 1, 2009 Obama's shock troops delivered massive stacks of signed petitions to congressional representatives demanding that Obama's budget be passed.

The video promo is a sick joke. No mention of any policies, of what Obama wants to do with the budget. This is pure cult-of-personality nonsense. Support the budget because you support Obama. If you have the patience, watch this video and notice no specific issues are addressed... AT ALL. The closest thing to a political statement comes at the end when a woman says:

"We have to work for it. This is not- getting him elected isn't gonna be the end. The people that believe in Change have to keep working for it. I mean this is what I believe, so that's why I'm here."




Lady, you just spoke three sentences and I'm not any closer to understanding what exactly you "believe." Meaningless hope, change, blah blah, crap. Obama used this infantile and vague language in the campaign so I guess we can't expect much more from his supporters.

What's in the budget? I dunno... but Hail Obama!

[end]

No comments: