Monday, April 6, 2009

Future NATO head Rasmussen grovels before the Islamic world

This man showed true courage when he refused to denounce the free speech rights of his own Danish citizens during the 2006 Mohammad cartoon "crisis." Now that he's seeking a position outside of his home country he is kissing the ring of Turkey and exuding Dhimmitude. He doesn't quite apologize for his former position, but he definitely uses weaselly words to please Muslims and the politically-correct enforcers of the West.



Transcript:

“…this opportunity to comment directly on the issue of the cartoons in Denmark. My position was clear before, during and after the crisis. I condemn any action that attempts to demonize people on the grounds of their religion or their ethnic background. I respect Islam as one of the world’s major religions, as well as its religious symbols. I respect the religious feelings of other people and I have to tell you that consequently I would never myself depict any religious figure including the Prophet Mohammad in a way that could hurt other people’s feelings. Likewise, I was deeply distressed that the cartoons by many Muslims were seen as an attempt by Denmark to mock, insult, or behave disrespectfully towards Islam or the Prophet Mohammad. Nothing could be further from my mind. And I would also like to tell you that during my tenure as the Secretary General of NATO I will pay close attention to the religious and cultural sensibilities of the different communities that populate our increasingly pluralistic and globalized world. And as Secretary General one of my key priorities will be to establish and intensify dialogue and cooperation with the Muslim world.”


[end]

No comments: